Put simply, the FMS ( Functional Movement Screen) is a ranking and grading system that documents movement patterns that are key to normal function. By screening these patterns, the FMS readily identifies functional limitations and asymmetries. These are issues that can reduce the effects of functional training and physical conditioning and distort body awareness.
Check out this video on E! News about the FMS workout.
Benefits of the FMS
- Focus on the fundamentals of movement
- Identify physical imbalances, limitations, and weaknesses
- Establish a functional baseline to mark progress
- Improve fundamental movement patterns with simple corrective exercises
- Individualize training and conditioning programs for specific results
- Reduce the potential for training and sports injuries
Kyler Crouse is certified FMS exercise professional.